Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Oh..... bugger!!

For our trip 'up north' we are planning on all going in the Scenic - 4 adults, 3 kids. This leaves the obvious issue of where to put the luggage. The solution was simple: a roof box. I know at least two people with roof boxes who are more than happy to loan them out for the week, so all we needed was a fitting kit - Oh I don't know about £10?

Huh! The standard roof bars on the Renault are a completely different profile to all the other after-market roof bars on the market...

Two solutions: 1) Buy another set of roofbars, about £100 for bars, kit, locks etc, or 2) get a roofbox from Renault, which comes with all the bits required to fit Renault bars £225

The Renault box is 320L and is finished in 'Brushed Aluminium", is side opening with two locks, so I have decided to take the plunge and get that one. It's two days to get one in stock, so I should be Ok to collect it on Saturday - I HOPE!!

No comments: