Saturday, March 12, 2005

IE 6's lack of CSS support starting to show...

I have been continuing with my experiments in "Standards Compliant Web Page Design" on my test page http://www.redbreva.com/ and I am now starting to run into issues with IE6...

The latest version uses a 'fixed' menu at the top of the viewport, allowing the contents of the page to scroll up below it. In Firefox, this works fine (And yes, I know it's a long way from being a finished layout), but in IE6 the menu scrolls right of the top of the screen.
In addition, the 'watermark' type image in the middle of the page should be static, allowing the text to scroll over it. In FF it is, in IE it isn't.

OK, I realise that it doesn't 'Break' the page in IE6, but it is an annoyance when you know how it is supposed to work. Testing the HTML / CSS via the W3C test page shows that my code is completely standards compliant, so it's not my code at fault....

No comments: