Sunday, January 29, 2006

Eye Test Yesterday

I was not due for another sight test till September, but have recently been finding that I need to wear my readers more and more, also the screen on the PC is starting to be a problem. I either have to sit well back in my chair, or put on my specs and lean well forward, neither approch makes using the keyboard any easier!!

Well off I went, and as expected my near sight has deteriated, and it was reccomended that I have a pair of varifocal lenses. I have 60 days to see if I can get on with them (not everyone can apparently). I have had to select new frames too, as my existing lenses are too small for varifocal usage.

I have chosen a pair of 'Police' gold rimless glasses this time, which with lenses, coatings and a pair of pescription sunglasses (for reading in the summer/ on holiday comes to a grand total of £350 - OUCH!

For those of you that understand these things:
R +0.25 -0.25 x75
L +0.25 -0.50 X10
ADD +100 NEAR +175

They should be ready next weekend, the same time that Alex get his readers!!

No comments: