Thursday, April 21, 2005

I've got my bike back...

The clutch slave cylinder has been replaced FOC under the warranty, so I am a happy bunny.

It seems the problem was quite well know to the Suzuki techies, as this cylinder is in the left hand side of the engine casing, and the bike leans to the left when on the side stand, it collects any water running off the bike, and the seal is not good enough to keep it out. As a result, water gets into the cylinder and, when left to stand overnight, causes some corrosion. This causes the piston to stick and not release the clutch... However once the engine gets warm, so does the cylinder and the fluid within it, this warm fluid can work it's way past the corroded surfaces, and eventually frees it...

Not sure I completely understand it, but I don't care - no bus for me tommorow, and I will be able to get home 40 minutes earlier......

No comments: