Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh Bugger!

Yesterday I finally conceded defeat, the 240GB HDD I have been using with Vista 64 is just too small and too slow.  I need to replace the drive.

I purchased a 750 GB Samsung drive (7200 rpm, 32 MB Buffer, SATA II) for £65 from PC World, and when I got home installed it into the PC.

I then downloaded a trial copy of Acronis True Image 2009, as it is supposed to be a fully working version for 14 days, and has the capability to ‘clone drives’

After I installed it, a reboot was required – BSOD Boot Loop!!

After a lot of messing about, I have started re-installing Vista (32 bit this time) on the new drive.  Last night was a late one, but I am almost back up and working, OS updates, Office, most of the Music, Pictures and Video files are back over.

Still on the ToDo list:

Photoshop & Dreamweaver, restore ‘My Documents’ and configure Outlook.

No doublt I will find other stuff to put back on over the next few days, but for now it’s looking pretty useful.

No comments: