Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009 already!

Well the year has started off rather chilly, and I have not done much today, apart from top up the bird feeder in the garden, I hope it is a little warmer in the morning, negative temperatures on the bike are not fun, even with heated grips!

After a rather late night out at Jackie & Pete’s, I had a rare ‘lie in’ this morning – 10:30!! and even so, am still rather tired, so it will be an early(ish) night tonight… back at work in the morning.  Meals have been a bit random again today – a combined lunch and breakfast at 11:30, a piece of cake at 13:00 and finally tea at 19:00…  Not much chance of things improving tomorrow either – We have a 40th birthday party at 19:30!

On Saturday, we have a couple of missions to accomplish in the morning – Latin dance shoes and a bus pass for Amy – before heading off to the Hippodrome in Birmingham for the Panto.

I am almost looking forwards to next Monday, with normal traffic, a reasonable workload to pass the time, and proper meals at my normal times!  And yes, you did read that right, I am at work on a Monday!!!  I have gone more for the Friday to Monday 4 day weekends every other week for the start of the year.

The next thing I have to get sorted out is the mobile phones, Amy has been nagging me for a while to replace the Samsung D600 with a Samsung U900 ‘Soul’ in pink, and as my BT Mobile contract has now expired, I can do something about it. Looks like we will be going to Orange, where I can get a Soul in pink for free on sub £20 per month contract (200 minutes, unlimited texts) and two PAYG SIM’s with a bonus 300 text messages for free.  Even if I take out the ‘insurance’ on the phone (£6 per month – covering damage, loss, theft etc) it is still a saving of £20 to £25 per month on what I am paying now!

Still been sorting out little bits of PC config etc., and have made sure that I have backed up again after every single change!!  Nothing like bolting the stable door after the horse has bolted eh?

No comments: