Friday, September 12, 2003

OK, it's been a couple of days... I have no internet connection at home at the moment. My line is faulty, it was reported Wednesday night at 9pm, a BT engineer will be coming round on Saturday morning to fix it. So for today, I will update from Work...

I had a phone call on Wednesday (on the main line, not the faulty one!), from the Credit Card Fraud department of my bank... It seems that two gentlemen were booking into a hotel with a credit card in their name, but with my number!! They are now under arrest.

My 'New' MP3 walkman has arrived, complete with a £30 import duty bill... Grrrrr... and is fully charged and loaded with about 25 Gbytes of MP3's - which thanks to the USB2 interface took less than 1 hour. The iPod will shortly be going up for sale on eBay.

The 'Sword of the Shannara' story is building nicely, and is gently pulling away from the 'Lord of the Rings' clone feel in the early chapters. I am now at chapter 10 and starting to get well into it.

Should be a busy weekend, we have house guests, my bike is due in for a service, and the phone line has to be repaired. I will then have to work my way thro' a huge backlog of e-mails!!

Work wise, Panic and Paranoia is starting to spread over the new vulnerability in Microsoft NT class OS's (MS03-039) as most of the applications we support are based on NT4 or W2K, we have already had several customers requesting that it be fitted.... I am glad I'm off next week, it could be a long one...

No comments: