Friday, April 03, 2009

Bike

Today I took the plunge and have bought myself a ne push bike.

Nothing spectacular, it’s from Hawk Cycles in Cradley Heath, and it’s a “Hybrid” style road bike: 27” wheels, road tyres, alloy frame, deep rim wheels, Padded Gel saddle, 21 gears and mountain bike type handlebars.  Original list price was £299, reduced in the sale to £190.

I have fitted the bike rack on the car, and will collect it tomorrow.  If the weather is nice, I will cycle back home on it, but as the forecast is for cold and rain, I may just clamp it on the back of the car, and drive home.

The downside is that I have had to spend a couple of very dust, sweaty hours this afternoon, clearing the rubbish in the garage to make room for a second push bike, whilst still being able to get the motor bike in and out.

No comments: